Birthmothers’ most urgent need is prayer. We seek prayer partners who are committed to praying for our nation to turn back to God’s truth, for the cause of life, and for those who face an unplanned pregnancy. Please join us as we pray for life!
3 ways to get started praying for life and the unborn
- Join Birthmothers for its weekly prayer time: Wednesdays, 11:15 AM – 11:35 AM EST (get details.) Please also share your prayer requests prior to each week's prayer call
or by calling us (703-261-6370) and we will lift them up during this weekly prayer time.
- Subscribe to Friends4Life – free, weekly prayer devotionals for those who care about women, families, and the unborn
- Use the prayer helps below as you intercede by yourself or with prayer partners – wherever you are
Use these prayer helps on your own or with a group as together we intercede for the unborn in our nation.
Praise to the Creator
- God is the Author of life. (Acts 3:15)
- God gave life to you and to those you know. (Deuteronomy 32:6)
- God is our Creator. (Genesis 1:1)
Pray for our nation
- Confession for our nation’s casual and callous view of life. (1 John 1:9)
- For God to make abortion rare and to move pregnant women’s hearts to choose life. (Isaiah 42:16)
- For God’s truth to stand against godless forces in our nation. (John 17:17)
Pray for those who face an unplanned pregnancy
- That Jesus would help her (and her partner) to understand His incredible love for them and their child (1 John 3:1).
- For God to touch hearts of those who face an unplanned pregnancy (Proverbs 21:1).
- For God to stand against fear on the pregnant woman’s (and her partner’s) heart (2 Timothy 1:7).
- For God to open the pregnant woman’s (and her partner’s) ears to His voice (Jeremiah 9:20).
- For God to raise up those who will walk with a pregnant woman or her partner, offering unconditional love and support (Proverbs 17:17).
- For the Holy Spirit – not the Enemy or self – to direct the woman’s thoughts (John 16:13).
Pray for the cause of life
- For no weapon to be formed against those who work in the cause of life (Isaiah 54:17).
- For God to raise up godly leaders in the fight for the unborn (1 Peter 5:1-3).
- Seek God’s leading for your next step in the battle for life. (Psalm 37:7).