Long-Distance Pregnancy Support
Birthmothers’ signature one-on-one pregnancy support can be long-distance!
Today’s technology allows Birthmothers Friends to provide support by phone, email, texts, Facebook – even Skype. In many cases, Friends and their matched women live hundreds of miles apart.
Birthmothers Friends have served women who live …
- An hour away
- In the next state
- Across the country
- On another continent
How a long-distance Birthmothers Friend can help
Support takes many forms. Even though a Birthmothers Friend may not live near a pregnant woman, she can still support her during pregnancy.
- Friends listen as a woman sorts out her feelings and options
- Friends provide information so the woman can make the best decision for herself and her baby
- Friends connect her with practical assistance in her area like prenatal care, housing resources, legal aid
- Friends encourage her
- Friends pray with her
Here’s how a long-distance Friend partnership works:
- A woman (or partner or family member) calls our 24/7 helpline (toll-free at 1-877-77BIRTH), and speaks with a caring Birthmothers call counselor.
- The caller shares confidentially as much or as little as she chooses. The call counselor explains how the caller can be matched one-on-one with a Birthmothers Friend, no matter where the caller lives.
- The caller can decide to be matched long-distance with a Friend. The Friend will initiate contact within 24-48 hours.
- The caller chooses how she wishes the long-distance relationship to proceed, whether by phone, email, texting, Skype, or a combination.
We're here for you
If you or someone you know faces an unplanned pregnancy,
– no matter where you may live.
A Friend loves at all times … and in all places.